This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding Butt Stock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter.
Buy just the Butt Stock for use on your Buffer Tube - or the full Assembly with all parts included.
Butt Stock is available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
Receiver Extension (Buffer Tubes) are available in two versions:
- 2-Position (Mil Spec)
-6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing Butt Stock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2019..)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
*** NOTE: All versions of the Aluminum CAR stock are Back Ordered until early January. Your order date will determine your line in the Back Order list and your shipment date.