CAR-15 Buttstock - Aluminum Assembly / XM177/ Commando/ AR-15 SP1 Sporter
Brand : Retro Rifles
CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER!!! NO ETA!!!!
This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding Buttstock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter.
Buy just the Buttstock for use on your Buffer Tube - or the full Assembly with all parts included.
Butt Stock is available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
Receiver Extension (Buffer Tubes) are available in two versions:
- 2-Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec Genuine)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
Made in USA
- The first few collapsing Buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
Perfect for my retro commando colt build
Worth the wait. I was very pleased to open the package and see the quality of this product. I have several original Colt rubber coated aluminum stocks and this is spot on. Definitely a must for building retro clones. Too bad places like Brownells do not source these stocks for their retro guns instead of using the plastic/fiberlite type 3 stocks...I know, its the price point but if you have the money to build a retro clone, what is the point if you are not trying to make it as authentic as possible minus the select fire lower.