This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding Buttstock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter.
Buy just the Buttstock for use on your Buffer Tube - or the full Assembly with all parts included.
Butt Stock is available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
Receiver Extension (Buffer Tubes) are available in two versions:
- 2-Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec Genuine)
-6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing Buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
*** NOTE: Raw and Anodized versions ship immediately. "Coated" version can take 1-6 weeks delivery time since the coating is performed in scheduled runs.