This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding stock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter.
Buy just the stock for use on your Buffer Tube - or the full Assembly with all parts included.
Butt Stock is available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
Receiver Extension (Buffer Tubes) are available in two versions:
- 2-Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec Genuine)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
Made in USA
- The first few collapsing stock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
This completes the build of the last personal weapon I was issued in Vietnam, I flew slicks, and when one of our LRRP's went home, He gave me the weapon because the .38 I was issued ....... Well, Kind of anemic for the when the NVA was making an insertion on a LZ problematical ..... Yes hung off the let wing of my armored seat, easy to reach for Me or the other pilot when things got tight ....... Yes outstanding, Excellent Quality,, Spot ON REPRODUCTION ....... Yes it is now my truck gun, Yes riding shotgun just as in the old days.....
Perfect for my retro commando colt build
Worth the wait. I was very pleased to open the package and see the quality of this product. I have several original Colt rubber coated aluminum stocks and this is spot on. Definitely a must for building retro clones. Too bad places like Brownells do not source these stocks for their retro guns instead of using the plastic/fiberlite type 3 stocks...I know, its the price point but if you have the money to build a retro clone, what is the point if you are not trying to make it as authentic as possible minus the select fire lower.