A nice reproduction of the Colt/Diemaco FiberLite Stock.
You can purchase the Stock only, or the full assembly with choice of Buffer Tube hole design.
- Stripped is Buttstock only.
- Assembly includes:
- FiberLite Stock
- Lock Plate
- Original style Lock Ring (or Castle Nut, your choice, please write a note in the comments at Check Out)
Buffer Tube Options:
- 2 Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec)
- 5 Position (Mil Spec - NOS part)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2022)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum. (Here)
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer - this is the product you are looking at now.
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today
Why buy this stock?
- Nice reproduction FiberLite stock
- One of the lightest stocks on the market today at only 4.3 oz
- Many advanced shooter have gone back to this stock due to its ultra-minimalist design
- Compact, when fully collapsed it's no longer than the buffer tube itself
- Made in USA
I had to remove quite a bit of flashing and resurface the plastic, otherwise its a nice repro.
Great stock. Tight with no rattle. Just what I needed to finish my Model 723 clone
This stock is well-made and very compact, for the price you can't go wrong. Shipped quick and arrived fast so A+ on the service.
I have nothing but good things first of all to share about my current experiences with RetroRifles. This buttstock is incredibly close to the old vintage ones a few of my friend’s have. The quality is top notch, and the fit is tight and clean. This the best repro I could find So far.
I'm very pleased with the stock that I received. Fits my milspec receiver extension perfectly and looks and functions great on my rifle.