A nice reproduction of the Colt/Diemaco FiberLite Stock.
You can purchase the Stock only, or the full assembly with choice of Buffer Tube hole design.
- Stripped is Buttstock only.
- Assembly includes:
- FiberLite Stock
- Lock Plate
- Original style Lock Ring (or Castle Nut, your choice, please write a note in the comments at Check Out)
Buffer Tube Options:
- 2 Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec)
- 5 Position (Mil Spec - NOS part)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2022)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum. (Here)
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer - this is the product you are looking at now.
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today
Why buy this stock?
- Nice reproduction FiberLite stock
- One of the lightest stocks on the market today at only 4.3 oz
- Many advanced shooter have gone back to this stock due to its ultra-minimalist design
- Compact, when fully collapsed it's no longer than the buffer tube itself
- Made in USA
Fits tight, looks good and was well worth the wait.
Well worth the price.
I am a huge fan of these stocks!!! High quality and excellent fit!
This stock is the best deal I have found. The quality is top notch. I own an original Colt N marked stock from the early 90s, and this reproduction 5 star. Unless you had the original next to it, I think it would be difficult for most to tell the difference. It's only lacking the slight marbling of the original Fiberlite. It appears very durable, and I will be using this stock on all future builds.
Excellent quality, great choice for a budget XM177/GAU clone build