M16A1 Birdcage Flash Hider - 4 Options
Brand : Retro Rifles
The A1 Birdcage flash hider replaced the 3 Prong on all M16 rifles in 1967, and continued to be used until final replacement by the A2 version in 1983.
- Black, standard M16A1 style
- The "Extended" version is .25 inches longer. Use to increase flash suppression performance, or to slightly increase the overall length of your barrel if you are just shy of what you need. Can also be used where ever an "HK" flash hider look is preferred, since this is quite similar in size/appearance to the German original.. but in 1/2 x 28 thread pitch.
- Closed End Muzzle Break - like the original but the front is closed off, turning this into a muzzle brake. Also will pass the "Pinky Test".
- Closed End Fake-No Slots - For Banned States where no side slots are legal. Side slots are cosmetic only.
- Steel, Made in USA
- 1/2 x 28 standard 223/5.56 AR threads
For the washer (Here). Recommend using a lock washer, though late model M16A1 could have a crush washer.
the brake is awesome. always wanted a muzzle brake instead of a flash hider, and this think works wonders