This "Pencil" profile Chrome lined barrel is the same size and finish as the original AR-15, XM16E1, M16 and M16A1 models.
If you are looking for a Military quality Pencil profile 20" barrel for your Retro build.. or want a Light Weight Barrel for your modern build then this is one of the nicest barrels available. Fully Chrome Lined and choice of twist rate.
Full Assembly Specifications:
- Twist Rate Choice: 1:7 .. 1:12 .. 1:14
- 1:7 is Nitride finished
- 1:12 & 1:14 are Chrome lined and Phosphate finished
- .625 at the FSB/Gas Block location
- A1 Round Front Sight Post and assembly
- Early Flat Style Straight "Slip Ring" (Later Delta Ring available on request)
- Gas Tube & Pin
- Barrel Shim (just in case it is needed for Barrel Nut timing, taper pins do not need to be removed to install)
- 1 lbs. 11 oz.
Notes on Options:
Twist rate mostly affects what types of bullets you can use and your level of Purism:
- 1:14 is what ArmaLite started with in the late 50's and were used for the first 601's. Replaced by 1:12 in about 1962.
- 1:12 what was issued in all AR15 variants from 1962-1984 (Marines) and 1987 by the US Army. Use only 55gr and some 62gr bullets.
- 1:7 can shoot anything you can buy, including 77gr heavies (mk262), 75gr TAP and Tracers (1983 - current). Finish is Nitride, which is significantly more rugged/durable than the original Phosphate finish.
** Note, Delivery estimated at 4 to 10 weeks