20" Pencil Barrel - AR-15 / XM16E1 / M16 / M16A1
Brand : Retro Rifles
This "Pencil" profile Chrome lined barrel is the same size and finish as the original AR-15, XM16E1, M16 and M16A1 models.
If you are looking for a Military quality Pencil profile 20" barrel for your Retro build.. or want a Light Weight Barrel for your modern build then this is one of the nicest barrels available. Fully Chrome Lined and choice of twist rate.
Full Assembly Specifications:
- Twist Rate Choice: 1:7 .. 1:12 .. 1:14
- 1:7 is Nitride finished (Currently Sold Out)
- 1:12 & 1:14 are Chrome lined and Phosphate finished
- .625 at the FSB/Gas Block location
- A1 Round Front Sight Post and assembly
- Early Flat Style Straight "Slip Ring" (Later Delta Ring available on request)
- Gas Tube & Pin
- Barrel Shim (just in case it is needed for Barrel Nut timing, taper pins do not need to be removed to install)
- 1 lbs. 11 oz.
1:7: back ordered and expected June 2020
Notes on Options:
Twist rate mostly affects what types of bullets you can use and your level of Purism:
- 1:14 is what ArmaLite started with in the late 50's and were used for the first 601's. Replaced by 1:12 in about 1962.
- 1:12 what was issued in all AR15 variants from 1962-1984 (Marines) and 1987 by the US Army. Use only 55gr and some 62gr bullets.
Excellent barrel, they can be difficult to get up with but then again they are not Amazon. Once I spoke to Victor on the phone I understood how the company works and all was fine. Got the barrel and I could not be more pleased. Thank You!
glad I bought my barrel from retro rifles. just what I was looking for. great job. thanks victor!!
Worth the wait. Honest seller. Quality work. Thanks Victor.
worth the wait. Good seller. Good communication. Very happy, thanks Victor