CAR-15 Buttstock - "FiberLite" full Assembly - Colt / Diemaco / XM177/ Commando / C8
Brand : Retro Rifles
A nice reproduction of the Colt/Diemaco FiberLite stock.
- Stripped is bare Buttstock only.
- Assembly includes: FiberLite Stock, Spring, Buffer, Lock Plate and original style Lock Ring (or Castle Nut, your choice, please write a note if you would like castle nut instead of original lock ring)
Buffer Tube Options:
- 2 Position (Mil Spec)
- 4 Position (Mil Spec)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2020..)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum. (Here)
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer - this is the product you are looking at now.
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today
Why buy this stock?
- Nice reproduction FiberLite stock
- One of the lightest stocks on the market today at only 4.3 oz
- Many advanced shooter have gone back to this stock due to its ultra-minimalist design
- Compact, when fully collapsed it's no longer than the buffer tube itself
- Made in USA
Great stock. Tight with no rattle. Just what I needed to finish my Model 723 clone
This stock is well-made and very compact, for the price you can't go wrong. Shipped quick and arrived fast so A+ on the service.
I have nothing but good things first of all to share about my current experiences with RetroRifles. This buttstock is incredibly close to the old vintage ones a few of my friend’s have. The quality is top notch, and the fit is tight and clean. This the best repro I could find So far.
I'm very pleased with the stock that I received. Fits my milspec receiver extension perfectly and looks and functions great on my rifle.
Doesn't feel cheap like some of the other options out there. Looks great and gets the job done.
I was debating over the Fiberlite or the Aluminium. I was pleasantly surprised with the Fiberlite. A nice piece and perfect for my GAU-5 build.
I also received it in a very timely manner. This is the second product I've gotten from Retro Rifles and have been very pleased!
This stock is very well made and will make a great addition to my retro build.
Got the 4 position tube with this and great quality all around. Buttstock is a nice and locks up with the tube much better than some name brand offerings I've seen. Buffer is good quality as well as the spring, castlenut and plate. No complaints here, all peices were flat black. Used for a CAR-15 clone build and turned out great.
I did not use the buffer and spring though just as a disclaimer, not saying that I thought they weren't good, I just used a Geissele spring and buffer I already had ordered for this particular project. Thumbs up...