A nice reproduction of the Colt/Diemaco FiberLite stock.
- Stripped is bare Buttstock only.
- Assembly includes: FiberLite Stock, Spring, Buffer, Lock Plate and original style Lock Ring (or Castle Nut, our choice).
Buffer Tube Options:
- 2 Position (Mil Spec)
- 6 Position (Mil Spec)
- The first few collapsing buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2020..)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum. (Here)
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer - this is the product you are looking at now.
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today
Why buy this stock?
- Nice reproduction FiberLite stock
- One of the lightest stocks on the market today at only 4.3 oz
- Many advanced shooter have gone back to this stock due to its ultra-minimalist design
- Compact, when fully collapsed it's no longer than the buffer tube itself
- Made in USA