This is the Sliding Stock used on almost all Carbine models during the Vietnam War and into the late 1970's. Initially they were Anodized Aluminum - and later coated in a Vinyl Black coating that was prone to chipping.
* This page is for the Stock only. If you would like the full Assembly (Here)
- Anodized, Grey in Color
- Black Coated (only comes in semi-gloss)
- The first few collapsing stock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design. We hope to offer these soon.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
Made in the USA
Wonderful quality, nice anodizing. I did not do a retro build, just put this on my rifle because I really enjoy this older style stock. I use it on a V Seven steel buffer tube and the fit to the tube is perfect. I also have a Cherokee Cheekpiece on it which fit just fine as well. Overall, I am very pleased and hope to buy another one soon.
Great stock overall, close to what I had on my CAR in VN, except for the shiny finish. No one wants a shiny finish on a military rifle.The pic doesn’t really show the gloss finish.
Item took a while to get here, but was worth it. Authentic looking and very close finish to the originals at a third the cost. Highly recommend for a quality retro carbine build.
Very high quality, clean and even coating. This was the final big part for my car15 build and I couldn’t be happier with this piece. Thanks Retro Rifles, I’ll be recommending you to friends!
Very nice item , well worth the wait (a bit longer than expected but it is a small operation deluged with orders) be patient and you will be rewarded!