This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding Butt Stock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter.
This page is for the bare Butt Stock only. If you want the full Assembly with all needed parts click (Here)
Available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
- The first few collapsing Butt Stock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design (coming in 2019..)
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
*** NOTE: All versions of the Aluminum CAR stock are Back Ordered until early January. Your order will determine your line in the Back Order list and your shipment date.