CAR-15 Buttstock - Aluminum / XM177/ Commando/ AR-15 SP1 Sporter
Brand : Retro Rifles
CURRENTLY ON BACK ORDER!!! NO ETA!!!!
This is a reproduction of the Aluminum sliding Buttstock for the XM177, 1970's model Commandos and AR-15 SP1 Sporter. Made in USA
This page is for the bare Buttstock only. If you want the full Assembly with all needed parts click (Here)
Available in two versions:
- Anodized, Grey in color. Can be used as is.. or you can Coat it yourself with the product of your choice.
- Coated, Black.
- The first few collapsing Buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the above Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
Item took a while to get here, but was worth it. Authentic looking and very close finish to the originals at a third the cost. Highly recommend for a quality retro carbine build.
Very high quality, clean and even coating. This was the final big part for my car15 build and I couldn’t be happier with this piece. Thanks Retro Rifles, I’ll be recommending you to friends!
Very nice item , well worth the wait (a bit longer than expected but it is a small operation deluged with orders) be patient and you will be rewarded!
Solid reproduction. Quality product looks and feels great. Definitely one of the best options out there for a retro build. The Anodized Gray is great and ready to be coated. Definitely recommend it for anyone looking for an old school stock.