This is the Sliding Buttstock used on almost all Carbine models during the Vietnam War and into the late 1970's. Initially they were Anodized Aluminum - and later coated in a Vinyl Black coating that was prone to chipping.
* This page is for the Stock only. If you would like the full Assembly (Here)
- Anodized, Grey in Color
- Black Coated
- The first few collapsing Buttstock examples were handmade prototypes and somewhat complicated in design. We hope to offer these soon.
- This was eventually replaced in 1966 with a much simpler sliding stock design made of aluminum - this is the product you are looking at now.
- Eventually the Aluminum stock was replaced by a same shaped version in much lighter polymer (Here)
- This design was then used up until replacement by the M4 version, which introduced the stock design still used today.
Made in the USA
Just me , but I think shipping time could be improved
Excellent product. As close to the real deal as you can find. Retro is a great company to deal with.
My dad has an original CAR-15 that he bought when he was a teenager and he always bragged about the aluminum stock he had and how light weight it all was. Well I saw this and bought it, and he couldn’t tell the difference between the two. Defiantly worth the money for a retro rifle and the wait for shipping wasn’t long at all. Great stock will buy from Retro Rifles again!
exactly what I expected. on time as well
Perfecr for my XM 177'ish clone! Bits of M607, 609 and 629. I couldn't do it with out you! Thanks!