Colt 733 Commando (735, C8, 6933.. movies Black Hawk Down & Heat)
Brand : Retro Rifles
In 1985 Colt returned to the original "Commando" idea, with its Model 733, essentially a modernized XM177E2 with many of the features introduced on the M16A2.
This was a transitional model that does not have a set specification from Colt- though it is generally regarded as a 11.5 inch thin "pencil" profile barrel attached to an M16A1 upper receiver with a shell deflector, A2 Flash Hider and round Forward Assist (early large style). This hybrid A1 upper receiver with shell deflector is usually referred to as a "C7" since it went on to become the standard upper receiver used for the Canadian C7 platform.
This configuration of the 733 is most well known for being used by Delta Force in Mogadishu during the Black Hawk Down fight and the weapon used by Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer during the epic Bank gunfight scene in the movie "Heat".
This is the same as the model 723 - but with an 11.5" barrel. The Canadian Military's version is the C8.
Confusingly, it is listed by Colt as a "M16A2" model when in fact initial versions came with the M16A1, and then the C7 upper receiver only.
In 2005, Colt introduced a semi auto only version of the 733... the model 6933.
This is a highly authentic reproduction of the most popular version of the Colt 733 Commando.
Available with or without BCG & Charging Handle.
- C7 Receiver, 7075, Mil Spec Type III anodized (not NoDak, "C" "A" forge code), will match black color lower
- 11.5 inch Pencil profile Barrel, 4150, Phosphate finish, .625 at gas block (Optional Chrome Lining)
- 1/9 Twist, 5.56 Nato
- Round (large, early style) Forward Assist - Original Colt part
- Round CAR-15 Handguards - authentic style 6 hole
- non-F marked FSB, tapper pinned
- Shaved Bayonet Lug
- Delta Ring
- A2 Front Sight Post
- A1 Rear Sight assembly, Original Colt
- A2 Flash Hider (not pinned, easily removable)
- Sling Swivel
- Charging Handle, 7075, Made in USA