Original Colt AR15 / M16 / M16A1 Fiberglass Triangular Handguards.
2 Finish Options:
- Original - Cleaned, hand selected for best Color/Tooth alignment (The Higher the Grade the better the Color Match).
- Reconditioned - Original Colt Handguards "Refinish" to look like:
- Bakelite (Red/Brown) - Material first used on Prototype AR15 Handguards
- Brown / Green - First production batch of the 601 models were painted Brown or Green
- Semi-Gloss Black - First Black shade used (601, 602, 604)
- Matte Black - M16A1 - present
4 Grade Options:
A - All teeth intact, may have slight cosmetic crack (guaranteed not to spread)
B - One Tooth broken or other cosmetic flaw
C - More than one tooth broken or several cosmetic flaws - often called "Battle Field" condition
D - Broken, may or may not be repairable/usable. Cheap..Good for doing tests before permanently altering more valuable handguards.
Original Colt M16 parts
Made in the USA
*** Does not come with other parts shown in picture. Will only include one pair of handguards **
Purchased a set of Reconditioned Grade A handguards (grade A was supposed to have no broken teeth) and the set I got was more like a grade B ( one or more broken teeth). The handguards were in good condition otherwise, but I’m a bit disappointed as the high price should warrant no broken teeth, I picked up a set of original fiberglass handguards in a gun shop a few weeks ago with only 1 broken tooth for 1/3 of the cost here.